Sunday, July 15, 2007

FO#6 - New Potato Salad with Fennel

This was lunch on Saturday.

The potato salad is from a recipe in the July issue of Real Simple. It has new potatoes, fennel, creme fraiche, dill, and lemon juice. It is delicious! The new potatoes and fennel are from the farmer's market in Carrboro. They were both in the ground on Friday night. It is amazing what a difference fresh food makes! I think I may be reaching my limit on spaghetti, so I have been trying out new recipes.

The sandwich is an extra special grilled cheese, using the following:
Organic Whole-wheat sourdough
Havarti Cheese
Red Onion
Spinach
I also smeared one of the slices of bread with a little creme-friache and fresh dill leftover from the potato salad.

I could get used to eating like this!

I am going to look into buying a panini-maker. It is hard to make grilled cheese in a skillet once you start adding a lot of other things, and an electric grill would not require so much butter on the bread. I think perhaps a regular George Foreman grill would make sandwiches as well, but I'm not sure about that. If anyone has any experience with these machines, I'd love to hear you thoughts.

No comments: