Sunday, October 22, 2006

FO #1 - chunky striped scarf


Pattern: Brother-in-Law Racing Stripe Scarf by Noelle at the Little Hedgehog
Finished measurements: 5 1/2" x 6 feet
Yarn: Cascade Yarns 128 Tweed in colors #7633 (brown) and #7604 (red), one skein of each. (those are the numbers from the skeins I have, but on the website it seems that they have dropped the "7" from the front of the color numbers, so the colors are #633 and #604 on the website)
Needles: Size 11 circular needles; 29" long

Notes:
1) Because the 128 tweed has more yardage than the yarn Noelle used, I cast on 175 stitches instead of 150. I still had yarn left over at the end of the project.

2) I used a double cast-on (nice and stretchy), which made my initial brown stripe thicker. I compensated for this by knitting one additional row before binding off on the other edge.

3) This is a great quick pattern. I finished it in less than 5 days, which is pretty good considering that I was only able to devote an hour or two to it each day. I think it could easily completed over a weekend if you really focused on it. The yarn is wonderfully thick and squishy and warm. I will definitely knit this again.

1 comment:

Giancarlo said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.